Re: Fw: Re: keyboard problem with 2.6.6

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 17:42:13 EST

On Saturday 29 May 2004 08:37 am, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> > > One more thought: The emulated PS/2 mouse so many people are complaining
> > > about is there only because applications like X cannot use the native
> > > event interface. It was intended to be removed after that support is
> > > added, but with X development being as slow as it is, it didn't ever
> > > happen.
> >
> > WRT this, would it be possible to create a GPM driver for the
> > event interface?
>
> Yes. Even better, it exists. And I though it's been integrated into GPM
> as well, but I might be wrong on this one.

Unfortunately evdev support in stock GPM is pretty much non-existant. It does
not use EV_SYNC and only works for relative devices. I have set of patches
that I consider proper implementation of user side of evdev interface, but I
am not sure if it is going to be included in GPM proper. For what it worth it
is in Fedora Code 2.

Now if I only had time to finish hotplug support for GPM...

--
Dmitry

http://www.geocities.com/dt_or/gpm/gpm.html