Re: [RFC,PATCH] use nonatomic bitops for cpumask_t

From: Manfred Spraul
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 04:48:21 EST

Manfred Spraul wrote:

Hi,

I'm checking for callers that rely on the atomicity of the bitops, but so far everyone has it's own locks.

One exception is the x86 tlb flush code, thus my patch is wrong. We could add nonatomic __cpu_set and __cpu_clear bitops, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort, cpu bitops aren't that common (kernel/rcupdate.c and balance_node could use the __ versions).

Sorry for the noise (and don't check who wrote the x86 tlb flush code)
--
Manfred