Re: [RFD] Explicitly documenting patch submission

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 12:19:10 EST

> A compromise position might be to store multiple authorships (who
> committed it into BK, who was the original author, etc.) into the SCM
> metadata, but I'm not sure we could justify your putting that kind
> feature into BK, especially when it's likely that the only users of it
> would be the Linux kernel tree.

We're always open to adding new features but we're not going to code around
delibrate misuse of the system. We wouldn't be doing you any favors by
doing so. If you ever migrate off of BK then you'll need the next system
to have those same workarounds.

Go educate Linus that he got this one wrong, he's a reasonable guy, he
listens if enough people scream.
--
---
Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com http://www.bitkeeper.com