Re: [patch] pciutils/linux: Support for the HyperTransport capability

From: Martin Mares
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 06:41:28 EST

Hello!

> Here's a patch for initial support for the HyperTransport capability for
> pciutils. I've developed full dumping code for the sub-capabilities I was
> able to test (plus for the Revision ID one, for it being so trivial) with
> my hardware. Others are reported by their names only, without any details
> -- for a few of them it's probably most we can do anyway.

I've applied it, but I tried to simplify the code, because it seemed
unnecessarily hairy to me. I hope I didn't break anything.

I'll release 2.1.99-test4 in a hour, so please check it once again.

> The changes for lib/header.h are probably applicable to <linux/pci.h> as
> well -- they apply cleanly to 2.4, but require a manual intervention for
> 2.6 due to context changes. I'll rediff if this patch is accepted for
> Linux.

I would vote for keeping it in pciutils and copying it to <linux/pci.h>
when it will be needed by any kernel drivers.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@xxxxxx> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
Anything is good and useful if it's made of chocolate.