Re: Can't make XFS work with 2.6.6

From: Måns Rullgård
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 03:14:16 EST

Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 06:08:23PM -0400, David Aubin wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> You do not have devfs enabled. So root=/dev/hda3
>> should not work. Please enable in kernel and retry.
>>
>> # CONFIG_DEVFS_FS is not set
>
> Exactly the wrong way around. If you're brave enough to use
> devfs you need to use devfs names on the command line.

Not at all.

$ cat /proc/cmdline
root=/dev/hda1 video=sisfb:mode:1024x768x8
$ gunzip -c /proc/config.gz | grep DEVFS
CONFIG_DEVFS_FS=y
CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT=y
# CONFIG_DEVFS_DEBUG is not set

Yes, I should switch to udev, but I don't have time to mess around
with that stuff right now, and the machine works the way it is.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@xxxxxx