Re: [RFD] Explicitly documenting patch submission

From: La Monte H.P. Yarroll
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 16:12:22 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:

Larry McVoy <lm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You currently aren't recording the original author

We are, with care. It's in the changelogs. Every single patch which I
didn't originate has a From: line at the start of the changelog.

For patches that I've been involved with, the changelog line almost always
mentions one of the intermediate handlers, not the original author. I suspect
that Larry is mostly right.

--
Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell's sig