Re: Can't make XFS work with 2.6.6

From: David Johnson
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 12:54:57 EST

On Thursday 27 May 2004 17:55, David Aubin wrote:
> Your ide support is compiled as a module. If you are not calling out
> the module
> in your initrc, then you will get this. Go back and compile in your ide
> support
> or scsi support as compiled in options. Both are currently built as
> modules.

OK, I recompiled with the IDE compiled in, but it didn't make much
difference :-(
The error is the same except for: -

Instead of:
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

I get:
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on hda3

Thanks for your help so far,
David.

--
David Johnson