Can't make XFS work with 2.6.6

From: David Johnson
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 11:38:09 EST

Hello,

I'm having a problem getting my system to boot with 2.6.6 and a XFS root
filesystem. On boot it can't mount the root fs:

XFS: Bad magic number
XFS: SB validate failed
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

XFS is compiled in so it's not a module problem. Google says this error is
usually caused by passing the wrong root parameter to the kernel, but I'm
definitely giving the right root device.

I can boot just fine with 2.4.25 using exactly the same boot options in Grub.
I attach my .config. I'd be very greatful for any help with this. I've tried
recompiling with XFS as a module and checked my version of xfsprogs meets the
requirements.

Thanks in advance,
David.

--