2.6.7-rc1-mm1: revertleave-runtime-suspended-devices-off-at-system-resume.patch

From: Felipe Alfaro Solana
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 06:50:57 EST

Andrew,

2.6.7-rc-mm1 includes
"leave-runtime-suspended-devices-off-at-system-resume" which causes
mayor problems when used on my ACPI laptop. After resuming from S3
(STR), both the CardBus and UHCI-HCD bridges won't come up from
suspension, rendering them completely unusable: neither my CardBus NIC,
nor my USB mouse are recognized or functional.

I can easily see this by looking at my Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
optical mouse: the lights at the bottom of the mouse (used by the
optical sensors) are turned off, which means the device is not being
detected by the USB subsystem.

This behavior causes problems at system shutdown. The system hangs when
the rc.d scripts start stopping "hotplug". The system will hang at that
point without making any further progress since both the CardBus and USB
sybsystems are literally "frozen" (and I can't unload their modules by
hand).

Reverting "leave-runtime-suspend-devices-off-at-system-resume.patch"
fixes the problem for me.

Thanks.