Socket Close Problem

From: Sreekandh Iyer
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 23:55:27 EST

Hi,

We have a simple TCP client and server setup. We want the tcp client
sockets to close immediately once the close method is called as the no
of open sockets is increasing rapidly as many are still in the TIME_WAIT
state.We tried the SO_LINGER option to eliminate the TIME_WAIT state but
it doesn't seem to be effective on our Linux - 2.4.18-14.
We need a solution to the "close" problem desperately. We would
appreciate it if you could kindly help us find a solution.

Regards and TIA,
sree

--
Om. May all be happy; may all be healthy ;
may all see good in all. May none experience misery.

Om. peace! peace! peace!