Re: 2.6.6-mm3: i810 agpgart module can't be initialized

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 03:57:07 EST

Hi Clemens,

> I have the same problem with 2.6.6-mm3 like I had with 2.6.6-mm2
>
> in my dmesg I have this (complete attached):
>
> i810fb: cannot acquire agp
> Linux agpgart interface v0.100 (c) Dave Jones
> [drm:i810_probe] *ERROR* Cannot initialize the agpgart module

Could be that you have the i2c-i810 driver loaded. Both drivers (i2c and
fb) request the PCI device AFAIK, so they are mutually exclusive.

Both drivers should proably be merged so as to solve that issue, but
nodoby seems to be interested in working on this right now. And I won't
do it, I don't even have compatible hardware to test on.

Just my two cents, hope it helps.

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/