Re: Suspend2 merge preparation: Rationale behind the freezer changes.

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 09:10:03 EST

Nigel Cunningham wrote:
Hi.

Oliver Neukum wrote:

Am Freitag, 21. Mai 2004 14:28 schrieb Nigel Cunningham:

Yes, but what order? I played with that problem for ages. Perhaps I just didn't find the right combination.

How about recording the order of creation and do it in opposite order?

We could add a field to the process struct to record that. (Since PIDs can wrap, they can't be relied upon for this).

I would never suggest keeping a process creation date for something trivial, but since you seem to be proposing one for something major, the process creation date could be available in the readdir of the /proc directory. Assuming you intend to keep date at all and not just some counter, of course.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)