Re: hda Kernel error!!!

From: Jan Meizner
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 08:33:05 EST

On Sat, 22 May 2004, system wrote:

> Hello All,
> In that I found warning about kernel error!!
>
> WARNING: Kernel Errors Present
> hda: drive_cmd: error=0x04 { DriveStat...: 1Time(s)
> hda: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }...: 1Time(s)
>
> What is this error?
> Dose this indicate error on hda?
> Should I replace hda?OR it's different from all these?
> Please help thank you...

Mayby I'm not kernel expert yet, but IMVHO it looks like hardware (hard
drive) problem.
You could do some tests on this drive using programs like badblocks or
similar. I have problem like that and in this case it was hardware
problem (drive had guarantee, and manufactor replaced it, so it had to be broken).
So AFAIK this type of error indicates serious problem with hardware,
unfortunately.
Is there in logs any other similar messages in the neighbourhood of these,
you write here?

Best Regards,
Jan Meizner
jm@xxxxxxxxx