Re: [2.6.6] [usb] bad: scheduling while atomic!

From: Pawel Dziekonski
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 06:43:47 EST

On pią, 21 maj 2004 at 04:52:29 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 12:45:31AM +0200, Pawel Dziekonski wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > vanilla 2.6.6, I'm trying to rmmod my adsl usb modem module.
> > rmmod hangs. I can Control-C it, but is does not end - it takes
> > 100% of cpu.
>
> That's not "vanilla" as that kernel does not have a eagle-usb driver in
> it, right? Try talking with the authors of that driver please about
> fixing this problem.

yes, you are right, this is an external driver.
I have written to linux kernel, because I had massive problems with this
modem with many kernel versions, including 2.4. for example, load of
sound modules was freezing network connection. 2.6.6 changed this to
more stable situation and now the only problem is what I have described.
that's why I think it's rather kernel problem.
this is nforce2 based system.

regards, Pawel

--
Pawel Dziekonski <pawel.dziekonski|@|pwr.wroc.pl>, KDM WCSS avatar:0:0:
Wroclaw Networking & Supercomputing Center, HPC Department