Re: 2.6.6 breaks kmail (nfs related?)

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 11:41:53 EST

På fr , 21/05/2004 klokka 11:27, skreiv Andreas Amann:

> In both cases the server was 2.4.25. Who is now wrong in this case, the client
> or the server? To me it looks now, as if the server needs to be fixed, but I
> am no expert.

Yep. This is a server side bug. I just checked the dump, and the client
is indeed sending the correct filehandle (exactly the same one as in the
COMMIT just before it).

Hmm... It looks to me as if you are exporting that filesystem with the
"subtree_check" option enabled. Could you try to set "no_subtree_check"?
The subtree checking stuff breaks NFS in various subtle ways (including
renames etc), and is one of the more common sources of ESTALE errors.

Cheers,
Trond