Re: swsusp vs. pmdisk [was Re: swsusp: fix swsusp with intel-agp]

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 06:52:32 EST

Hi!

> > What about killing pmdisk code, instead?
> >
> > Its old, its not maintained any more, and it is unneccessary duplicity
> > of swsusp code.
> >
> > Patrick, in middle of april you claimed you'll have something "by the
> > end of month". Can you either start looking after your code or give up
> > and let me remove it?
>
> Well if Patrick doesn't have the time to do it, I'd like to maintain
> pmdisk. It might be a bit out-of-date, by with a bit of work, it
> can easily catch up again since the underlying structure is quite nice.

What if you instead forward-ported same cleanups to swsusp? If done in
reasonably-sized chunks, it would be very welcome.

Of course, having maintained pmdisk in kernel is *way* better than
having umaintained pmdisk in kernel. So feel free to add yourself an
entry in MAINTAINERS file...

Alternatively if you bring pmdisk up-to-date (and maintain it), I
might as well kill swsusp. But I like the name (SWap SUSPend) slightly
better than pmdisk... :-).
Pavel
--
934a471f20d6580d5aad759bf0d97ddc