Re: Random file I/O regressions in 2.6 [patch+results]

From: Alexey Kopytov
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 20:08:11 EST

Ram Pai wrote:

>Attached the cleaned up patch and the performance results of the patch.
>
>Overall Observation:
> 1.Small improvement with iozone with the patch, and overall
> much better performance than 2.4
> 2.Small/neglegible improvement with DSS workload.
> 3.Negligible impact with sysbench, but results worser than
> 2.4 kernels

Ram, can you clarify the status of this patch please?

I ran the same sysbench test on my hardware with patched 2.6.6 and got
122.2348s execution time, i.e. almost the same results as in the original
tests. Is this patch an intermediate step to improve the sysbench workload on
2.6, or it just addresses another problem?

--
Alexey Kopytov, Software Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Are you MySQL certified? www.mysql.com/certification