Re: libata 2.6.5->2.6.6 regression -part II

From: Brad Campbell
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 01:54:13 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
On Monday 17 of May 2004 18:34, Brad Campbell wrote:
Is there any way I can prevent the VIA ATA driver capturing this device?
Unfortunately my boot drive is on hda on the on-board VIA ATA interface so
I need it compiled in.

Disable the fscking PCI IDE generic driver.
[ You are not the first one tricked by it. ]

AFAIR support for VIA 8237 was added to it before sata_via.c was ready.
[ but my memory is... ]

[Absolutley perfect!]
That did the trick nicely, thanks for the prompt response.

Regards,
Brad