[DOUBT] Framebuffer with Trident Providia 9685

From: atalibateixeira
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 07:04:24 EST

Hey, in the last week, I have problems with my video card in
my computer. The on board video card is getting problems and
I need to change to other video card. Well, in my job, I get
a Trident Providia 9685 and I install this in my computer.

Well, in the X, I don't have problems. The XFree86 have
support to this card. But, in the console, I have a
problem.

With my SiS card, I use the framebuffer to get high
resolutions in the console ( 800x600 ). But, with this card,
the framebuffer don't work.

I read the framebuffer Howto and others, but nobody tells
about this card. Well, this card have support to high
resolutions in the console ? Or this card don't support this
?

I use the kernel-2.4.26 and the kernel-2.6.4 .

Well, it's this .. sorry for my english

Ataliba Teixeira