Re: 1352 NUL bytes at the end of a page? (was Re: Assertion `s &&s->tree' failed: The saga continues.)

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 19:12:14 EST

Steven Cole <elenstev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, applied your one-liner above with PREEMPT.

> Found null start 0xfb259a end 0xfb3000 len 0xa66 line 478846
>
> The above was on reiserfs and happened on the very first pull.
>
> Attaching the source of saga.c for reference.

ok, thanks.

> So, what next doc?  Back out that one-liner and try your vmtruncate?

No, it won't help in that case.

> Or try Chris' patch for reiserfs?
>
> At the moment I'm testing on ext3, which survived the two pull/unpulls.
> This is like watching paint dry.
>
> I'll do some more bk unpull and bk pull cycles until this breaks on ext3.

I guess it would be interesting to run it on a filesystem which has 2k or
even 1k blocksize. If the corruption then terminates on a 2k- or
1k-boundary then that will rule out a few culprits.

I'd really like to see this happen on some other machine though. It'd be
funny if you have a dud disk drive or something.