Re: ANNOUNCE: CE Linux Forum - Specification V1.0 draft

From: Tim Bird
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 15:00:53 EST

Christoph Hellwig wrote:

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 12:05:36PM -0700, Tim Bird wrote:

I am writing to announce the availability of the first draft of
the CE Linux Forum's first specification. This specification
represents the efforts of six different technical working groups
over about the last 9 months.

If you want my 2Cent:

- stop these rather useless specifications and provide patchkits instead
- try to actually submit the patches upstream to get a feeling which
of your 'features' are compltely hopeless, which are okay and which
can better be solved in different ways.

Thanks.

I strongly agree with you. I hope that the specifications are not
completely useless. Hopefully they are good to provide context,
rationale, etc. However, sending patches upstream is far superior,
and I hope to be able to start sending a stream of them, based
on this work, very soon.

Tim Bird
Architecture Group Co-Chair
CE Linux Forum