Scroll wheel on PS/2 Logitech MouseMan Wheel no longer works (wasRe: 2.6.6-mm3)

From: Sean Neakums
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 08:11:21 EST

Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> bk-input.patch

I'm guessing this patch contains the changes responsible.

As with 2.6.6-mm2 (and before, from a quick grep of
/var/log/messages), the mouse is detected as

mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
input: ImExPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse on isa0060/serio1

but moving the wheel causes the pointer to make large jumps toward the
top-right corner.

When I boot with psmouse.proto=imps, it is detected as below and works
as before.

mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
input: ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse on isa0060/serio1

In case it's relevant, the mouse is connected through a KVM switch.