Re: 2.6.6 breaks kmail (nfs related?)

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 13:48:05 EST

På su , 16/05/2004 klokka 14:19, skreiv Linus Torvalds:
> They were in the original email on the kernel mailing list:

Sorry. I was in Malaysia last week so that email probably drowned in the
1600 other mails I found in my backlog when I returned on Friday. I've
found it now in the archives...

> hservnlds:/home /net/hservnlds/home nfs rw,nosuid,nodev,v3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard,intr,udp,lock,addr=sservnlds 0
>
> The only thing there is that "intr". Maybe something has broken so that
> non-lethal signals also trigger errors? That could explain it (partial
> reads or writes when a timer goes off, or something).

I haven't touched rpc_clnt_sigmask() in many years, so that would have
to be some change to the generic signal handling code.

If kmail really is reporting an ENOSPC, though, then it's hard to see
how a signal could produce that particular error.

Cheers,
Trond