Re: Problems with radeonfb

From: Kronos
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 12:23:45 EST

Il Sun, May 16, 2004 at 06:32:51PM +0200, Sven Wilhelm ha scritto:
> >You compiled in both radeon drivers. The old driver is complaining that
> >the PCI device is already taken by something else. Use only one driver.
> yes I did, but I thought the kernel would decide which driver to use.

PCI drivers claim for themselves a range of IDs (.id_table in struct
pci_driver). A driver cannot "take over" another one, so when the old
radeonfb tries to register itself for the same ID of the new radeonfb it
gets an error.

Luca
--
Home: http://kronoz.cjb.net
Se il destino di un uomo e` annegare, anneghera` anche in un bicchier