Re: BUG when removing USB flash drive

From: Alberto Bertogli
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 00:04:37 EST

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 04:03:01AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 09:41:32PM -0300, Alberto Bertogli wrote:
> >
> > This is a stock 2.6.6 kernel, on a Pentium 4 with HT (the kernel is
> > compiled with both SMP and preempt).
>
> Can you test the latest -mm tree and see if it fixes this problem for
> you?

Sure. I've just tested -mm2; sorry it took so long but I had a couple of
other things going on.

Sadly, it locks up hard (no sysrq or anything) after booting, right in the
login prompt. Sometimes I got as far as typing the username and pressing
enter, others just frozen without even being able to press a key.

So I removed the SMT scheduler because I thought it might be related, and
it didn't even got to boot at all, it seem to freeze somewhere after
the initial load, but I can't see anything because the screen goes black
(even after I disabled framebuffer, SMP and preempt just in case).

I'll see if I can get a working config tomorrow morning so I can get to do
this tests (and report that lockup too).

Thanks a lot,
Alberto