Re: Oops on alpha with 2.6.6 while loading aic7xxx driver

From: Ivan Kokshaysky
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 10:49:04 EST

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 03:45:11PM -0400, Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer wrote:
> I just freshly compiled 2.6.6 using gcc 3.4.0 (built as a cross-compiler on
> i386) and the kernel oopses when it loads the module for the Adaptec scsi
> card. As a side note, it works when the driver is built-in.

Yes, I see oopses with some other modules compiled with native
gcc-3.4.0 as well. No such problems with gcc-3.3.3.

At the moment I can suggest that gcc-3.4.0 generates some new types
of relocations and the kernel module loader doesn't handle them properly.
I'll try to figure out what's wrong there, but it will take some time.

Ivan.