Re: 2.6.6-mm2

From: Ian Kent
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 02:24:58 EST

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 03:51:34AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Once I'm convinced that kernel.org kernels will be able to run applications
> > which vendor kernels will run, sure.
> >
> > We're nowhere near that, and your continual whining gets us no closer.
>
> Sorry, but this argumentation is utter bullshit.

Excuse me for interrupting.

Surely the main concern is the place where this runs not the kernel
developer or application developer.

I know it's not a good situation, it never has been, but sites often
aren't able to upgrade to new versions of kernels or products, in anything
like short order, for all sorts of reasons.

Ian