Re: [(re)Announce] Emulex LightPulse Device Driver

From: David . Egolf
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 16:23:19 EST

Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: linux-scsi-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/09/2004 01:20 AM

>A bunch of comments from looking over the headers and itnerface to
>upper layers a little: (next I'll try to understand what's going on
>in the I/O submission path - it's just to freakin complicated..):
>
> - the hba api crap must die
> o o o

The first bullet on your post is of interest to us. We currently support
customers with Emulex fc cards using a 2.4 kernel on IA64. Our software
employs the hba api supplied from Emulex in order determine the
configuration of the SAN(s) connected to the cards.

Your comment is on the terse side. Is your comment directed at this
particular implementation of the hba api code, the current packaging
situation, or do you have a general disregard for the hba api strategy? In
short, do you believe that the hba api can and/or should be supported for
the Emulex LightPulse Device Driver?

-- David Egolf