Re: 2.6.6-mm2 foibles

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 15:19:14 EST

On Thursday 13 May 2004 15:12, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
>On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 20:42, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I just booted to a 2.6.6-mm2 kernel, and discoverd I had no sound.
>> So I logged back out of x, and found I had no keyboard! ssh'd in
>> from the firewall and rebooted it.
>>
>> Both sound, and the backswitch from x were working perfectly up to
>> and including 2.6.6.
>
>I'm also having problems with 2.6.6-mm2 and losing my keyboard.
> After logging into X, after a while, the keyboard stops responding.
> However, my USB mouse still works.

Let me include some of the warnings from the latest build, from 'make
bzImage':

fs/smbfs/inode.c: In function `smb_fill_super':
fs/smbfs/inode.c:562: warning: comparison is always false due to
limited range of data type
fs/smbfs/inode.c:563: warning: comparison is always false due to
limited range of data type
[...]
DEVLIST drivers/pci/devlist.h
Line 2335: Device name too long. Name truncated.
Adaptec AAR-1210SA SATA HostRAID Controller
Line 2353: Device name too long. Name truncated.
Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATARaid Controller
Line 5158: Device name too long. Name truncated.
IT/ITE8212 Dual channel ATA RAID controller (PCI version seems to be
IT8212, embedded seems to be ITE8212)
Line 6101: Device name too long. Name truncated.
Cisco Aironet 340 802.11b Wireless LAN Adapter/Aironet PC4800
Line 6824: Device name too long. Name truncated.
SMC2602W EZConnect / Addtron AWA-100 / Eumitcom PCI WL11000
[...]
drivers/video/fbmem.c: In function `fb_cursor':
drivers/video/fbmem.c:922: warning: passing arg 1 of `copy_from_user'
discards qualifiers from pointer target type
[...]
No warnings during the 'make modules'

I can attach the .config if someone wants to see it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)