Re: ppc64 HDIO_TASK_* ioctls 2.4, 2.6

From: Bruce Allen
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 02:32:17 EST

> I need a some guidance on enabling the ioctls on ppc64 to allow the
> smartmontools to run the appropriate set of commands. Does this look
> ok? Have sniff tested, and the smart tools do run without ioctl
> errors.

Doug, "without ioctl errors" suggests that there might be *other* errors.
If so, could you please write to smartmontools-support at lists dot sf dot
net about them? We've tried hard to make and keep smartmontools both
64-bit and endian-order clean, but without test machines of all flavors we
rely on bug reports to keep us honest.

Cheers,
Bruce