Re: Linux 2.6.6 "IDE cache-flush at shutdown fixes"

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 17:08:24 EST

Rene Herman wrote:
Andrew Morton wrote:

It's a bit grubby, but we could easily add a fourth state to
`system_state': split SYSTEM_SHUTDOWN into SYSTEM_REBOOT and SYSTEM_HALT. That would be a quite simple change.

Like this. I checked all the SYSTEM_FOO users and none of them seem to
care about the shutdown state at present. Easy.

Wonderful. Placed the following quick hack on top:
[snip]
Seems very wrong there; will likely want to be pushed up a few levels, but... Works For Me.

Have attached a patch of what I'm currently using against 2.6.6 just in case anyone interested lost track. It's bart+morton+hack.

Rene.

For which patch I say thank you, it saves a lot of time for people who have been following but not applying each level of fix as it came up.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)