problem with kernel 2.4.26 installation

From: Slawomir Orlowski
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 16:07:04 EST

Hello there,

I have got Dell server PowerEdge 2500 with dell installed RH 7.2 and
2.4.7-10 kernel (rpm installation).
I wanted to upgrade it to 2.4.26 from source.

So I have done like always:
make mrproper,
copied .config from 2.4.7 (did make menuconfig)
make dep, clean, bzImage, modules, modules_install, install

and I got:
"
bsetup.s: Assembler messages:
bsetup.s:2503: Warning: indirect lcall without `*'
Root device is (8, 8)
Boot sector 512 bytes.
Setup is 4768 bytes.
System is 835 kB
+ '[' -x /root/bin/installkernel ']'
+ '[' -x /sbin/installkernel ']'
+ exec /sbin/installkernel 2.4.26 bzImage /usr/src/linux-2.4.26/System.map
''
/etc/lilo.conf: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make: *** [install] Error 2
"
vmlinuz, System.map was created but intrid was not created and grub.conf was
no upgraded I do not use lilo on this server, so why he wants to upgrade
lilo ?.

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me how to proceed
farther...
I'm really stuck.

Best regards
Slawomir Orlowski