Re: 2.6.6-mm1

From: Chris Wedgwood
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 18:56:53 EST

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 04:51:32PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Maybe that's the price we pay for leaving this problem unsolved for
> a year.

I didn't know it needed solving until recently. I guess I've been
under a rock or something then.

> You misunderstand. Nasty workarounds will be shipped to end users
> by vendors. That's a certainty. We cannot change this now.

Vendors will support this too presumably.

> What I wish to do is to ensure that all users receive the *same*
> nasty workaround. Call it damage control.

How urgent is this? Can it wait a few more weeks? It seems people
are new looking at this and a little more discussion won't hurt if
it's been a year already.

--cw