RE: 9/10 intermezzos prefer eating memory

From: Peter J. Braam
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 04:04:07 EST

Hi Andrew,

I would just like to say that I have no difficulties with intermezzo being
rm -rf'd. There are probably only a handful of users.

In the past 4 years nobody has supported InterMezzo sufficiently for it to
become successful. I have been fortunate to get really good support for the
Lustre project. So I have focussed on that. Lustre 1.X has become really
solid.

The disconnected operation, caching and mirroring functionality of
InterMezzo will become available in Lustre as a new feature in version 2.

So I see no point in keeping InterMezzo if it is a nuisance.

I am also entirely happy to ask my one part time InterMezzo programmer to do
a better job of repeatedly sending pathes until they are in.

Please guide me along. Thanks!

- Peter -