Re: 2.6.6-rc3-mm2

From: R. J. Wysocki
Date: Sat May 08 2004 - 07:11:11 EST

On Saturday 08 of May 2004 13:43, Andrew Morton wrote:
> "R. J. Wysocki" <rjwysocki@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Sute, it's like that:
> >
> > kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.6-rc3-mm2 root=/dev/sdb3 vga=792 hdc=ide-scsi
> > console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0
>
> hm, according to the logic in there you should have seen the console
> messages on tty0 because it was the last-specified. That's what happens
> here, whether or not Move-saved_command_line-to-init-mainc.patch is
> applied.

Well, I've been using this very command line for months, and it worked fine
before 2.6.6-rc3-mm1. Anyway, according to Documentation/serial-console.txt:

"You can specify multiple console= options on the kernel command line.
_Output_ _will_ _appear_ _on_ _all_ _of_ _them_ [emphasis mine]. The last
device will be used when you open /dev/console. So, for example:

console=ttyS1,9600 console=tty0

defines that opening /dev/console will get you the current foreground
virtual console, and kernel messages will appear on both the VGA
console and the 2nd serial port (ttyS1 or COM2) at 9600 baud."

And that's exactly what I need. So, the syntax etc. might have changed, but
shouldn't it be documented accordingly, then?