Re: how long does it take to init the scheduler?

From: Olaf Hering
Date: Sat May 08 2004 - 06:12:11 EST

On Sat, May 08, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Olaf Hering <olh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > the patch below looks wrong to me. Why did you move it to the very end
> > of the boot process, instead to the very end of start_kernel()?
> >

> coz I forgot about drivers which want to go opening files in their
> module_init().
>
> Like this?

Yes, but I cant verify it before Monday.

That leads to another question. usermodehelper_init() is now an initcall.
all the binfmt stuff is also an initcall. We had a patch (for debugging)
that turned init_elf_binfmt() into core_initcall.
Can we change that as well, so one could finally run stuff via the
driver hotplug events? init_script_binfmt() should be also
core_initcall, so you can run scripts. But I havent looked at the
dependencies for the binfmt stuff.

--
USB is for mice, FireWire is for men!

sUse lINUX ag, nÃRNBERG