Re: 2.6.6-rc3-mm2 (4KSTACK)

From: Martin J. Bligh
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 10:28:05 EST

--Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote (on Thursday, May 06, 2004 20:58:38 -0700):

> Paul Jakma <paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Fair enough but have a look at the other fault from that bug though:
>>
>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=99855&action=view
>>
>> That one did not recurse for some reason.
>
> OK.
>
> So we're 50 to 60 levels deep in function calls there and simply ran out
> of 4k stack.
>
> Based on this and upon the few other feedbackings I've had on this issue it
> seems that the 4k stack experiment will come back saying "no"

There's two problems with that stack ....

1. it seems to have the IRQ on it as well as normal traffic instead of
using the separate irqstacks ... why isn't that working?

2 nfs_writepage_sync is a known stack-abuser ;-) 1632 bytes on PPC64 at least
(from Anton's data). Maybe it's that struct nfs_write_data ?

M.