Re: 2.6.5 Sensors & USB problems

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 12:43:07 EST

> It's not due to the complexity, it's just due to the fact that I
> haven't gotten around to doing it yet :)

OK, I should have stopped guessing and have taken a look to the code
instead.

> Patches to fix this are gladly welcome if the current situation really
> bothers people. No userspace tools should have a problem with the way
> things are right now. If they do have problems, please let me know.

You're right, there is no problem, at least no in "production"
environments. The only place where it is somewhat confusing (for
newcomers at least) is when probing the busses in the first time, or for
developers testing bus drivers (but those know what is happening).

At any rate, it is definitely better now than when device and
corresponding adapter could have different numbers. Of course it would
be better if device numbers were reused, but I'm not annoyed enough to
take a look right now either ;)

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/