Re: USB problems: SanDisk SDDR-75 / Apacer AP-MSCRU10 card readers

From: Pete Zaitcev
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 14:46:48 EST

> From: Vanja Hrustic <vanja@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:50:24 +0200

> I have purchased SanDisk SDDR-75 card reader, since it was reported on
> quite few places to work (even with RH 7.3) ok on Linux.
> However, I am experiencing problems with it, as well as with another
> reader I have (Apacer AP-MSCRU10).
>
> Kernel is 2.4.26 (tried 2.4.25 as well), on RedHat 9. System is XP2500, on
> NForce2 motherboard.

> I can provide much more details []

At this point I suspect SMP (of hyperthreaded variety, perhaps).
I must admit there's little chance I might be able to look at this
in detail. Do this... get dmesg, /proc/interrupts, /proc/bus/usb/devices,
/proc/cpuinfo. The /var/log/messages is a substitute for dmesg,
but we'll need a complete one. Send it to
linux-usb-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and
perhaps cc: to mdharm-usb at one-eyed-alien not net.
nForce is known to be kinky, although I cannot quite put my
finger on it.

-- Pete