[Bluetooth] hci_usb + sonypi

From: Emmanuel Fleury
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 13:10:06 EST

Hi all,

I am trying to active bluetooth on a Vaio Picture Book C1-MZX
(http://www.japanrush.com/pcg-c1mzx.asp).

I have first compiled bluetooth with the following options:

# Bluetooth support
#
CONFIG_BT=m
CONFIG_BT_L2CAP=m
# CONFIG_BT_SCO is not set
CONFIG_BT_RFCOMM=m
CONFIG_BT_RFCOMM_TTY=y
CONFIG_BT_BNEP=m
# CONFIG_BT_BNEP_MC_FILTER is not set
# CONFIG_BT_BNEP_PROTO_FILTER is not set

#
# Bluetooth device drivers
#
CONFIG_BT_HCIUSB=m
(the rest is set to "no")

Then, I followed this web page:
http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/vaio.html

At the end, I have the following lsmod:
Module Size Used by
hci_usb 11168 0
rfcomm 40124 0
l2cap 25508 5 rfcomm
bluetooth 51556 5 hci_usb,rfcomm,l2cap
sd_mod 18400 0
usb_storage 29664 0
ohci_hcd 19620 0
usbcore 105916 5 hci_usb,usb_storage,ohci_hcd
nls_iso8859_1 3904 1
ntfs 101612 1
sonypi 23456 0
thermal 13200 0
processor 17616 1 thermal
fan 3980 0
button 6040 0
battery 9356 0
ac 4812 0

Unfortunately, I have the following error message when trying to
activate the device (hciconfig hci0 up):

Can't get device info: No such device

And hciconfig -a doesn't give any output.

I have to add that I am using this with udev on my system (I don't know
if it is relevant to say it but as the system is complaining about a
missing device...).

Does anybody have some clue to get this to work ?

Regards
--
Emmanuel Fleury

Computer Science Department, | Office: B1-201
Aalborg University, | Phone: +45 96 35 72 23
Fredriks Bajersvej 7E, | Fax: +45 98 15 98 89
9220 Aalborg East, Denmark | Email: fleury@xxxxxxxxx