Re: logitech mouseMan wheel doesn't work with 2.6.5

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 18:30:05 EST

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 01:47 pm, Erik Steffl wrote:
> Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
>
> > What protocol are you using in XFree?
>
> that's irrelevant, I got the results above without X running (by

No, it is not. Please change protocol in XF86Config to ExplorerPS/2.

> reading /dev/psaux). In case it might shed some light anyway, here's the
> X info: protocol is MouseManPlusPS/2, it worked with kernel 2.4.x. Now
> (with 2.6.5) X reports same results as you see above (using xev I see
> the wheel is no event, side button is button 2, just like wheel click)

Kernel only provides emulation of 3 protocols via /dev/psaux: bare PS/2,
IntelliMouse PS/2 and Explorer PS/2. Since your program does not issue
Intellimouse or Explorer protocol initialization sequences it gets just
bare PS/2 protocol data - 2 axis, 3 buttons. Extra buttons are mapped onto
first 3. For exact mapping consult drivers/input/mousedev.c

--
Dmitry