Re: [BUG] 2.6.6-rc3: make xxx_defconfig randomly sets options

From: Russell King
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 09:38:02 EST

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 02:53:16PM +0100, Russell King wrote:
> If I have an ARM defconfig file which contains:
>
> # CONFIG_SERIO is not set
>
> with none of the other CONFIG_SERIO symbols, and I run make foo_defconfig,
> I get the following in the resulting .config:
>
> CONFIG_SERIO=y
> CONFIG_SERIO_I8042=y
> CONFIG_SERIO_SERPORT=y

Argh, I had CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2 still selected, which was forcing
CONFIG_SERIO=y, and I incorrectly assumed that CONFIG_SERIO_I8042
would depend on CONFIG_SERIO. But then, we are catering for Aunt
Tillie and not providing something with a logical structure... 8/

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 PCMCIA - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/