Re: PROBLEM: Kernel lockup on alpha with heavy IO

From: Dru
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 08:03:24 EST

Ivan Kokshaysky wrote:

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 11:01:32PM +1200, Dru wrote:

I am not having much luck with the firmware upgrade.
It gets up to saying Copying up1500fw.txt from dva0 . . . and
just sits there. It never reachs albasrm.rom file.

Well, it was about 1.5 years ago when I upgraded the firmware last
time, so I don't recall all details... Anyway, from memory:
- make sure that you get to SRM prompt right after reset or
powerup, i.e. 'auto_action' is set to 'halt';
- IIRC, UP1500 has problems with some floppy drives, and it
may require 2-3 resets before it reads the rom image file
successfully.

Finally got firmware to update, the up1500 board is a bit
sturburn. Many repeated attempts and changing around
floppy drives was successful. thanks for the help.