Re: pdflush eating a lot of CPU on heavy NFS I/O

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 01:03:57 EST

Brent Cook <busterbcook@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Running any kernel from the 2.6.6-rc* series (and a few previous
> -mm*'s),

It's a shame this wasn't reported earlier.

> the pdflush process starts using near 100% CPU indefinitely after
> a few minutes of initial NFS traffic, as far as I can tell.

Please confirm that the problem is observed on the NFS client and not the
NFS server? I'll assume the client.

What other filesystems are in use on the client?

Please describe the NFS mount options and the number of CPUs and the amount
of memory in the machine. And please send me your .config, off-list.

Thanks.