[BUG] DVD writing in 2.6.6-rc2

From: Kenneth Johansson
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 13:25:05 EST

I have a problem when using growisofs version 5.19.

The problem is that in the very end when gowisofs tries to flush the
cache. When stracing the process I can see it sits in a call to poll
that never returns.

I noticed that if I start growisofs and later attach to it with "strace
-p" I can make it continue with killing the strace process. just to see
it hang in the next poll. But re attaching then killing the strace again
a few times and growisofs finally dose a normal exit.

This happens every time.

The only unusual thing with my setup is that I only have the DVD burner
on the IDE controller no disks so I guess it's some type of missed
interrupt.

I looked at the drivers/ide/pci/via82cxxx.c but that one did not do much
apart from setting a few configurations so I guess it's some generic
code that dose the real work.