i2c_get_client() missing?

From: stefan . eletzhofer
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 10:04:37 EST

Hi,
I'm in the process of porting my Epson 8564 RTC chip from 2.4 to
2.6.6-rc2. This is a RTC chip sitting on a I2C bus.

The code is here:
http://213.239.196.168/~seletz/patches/2.6.6-rc2/i2c-rtc8564.patch
http://213.239.196.168/~seletz/patches/2.6.6-rc2/machine-raalpha-rtc.patch

In order to split up functionality (I2C bus access and RTC misc device
stuff) I wrote two separate modules. In the rtc code module I did a i2c_get_client()
with the ID of my RTC chip to get a struct i2c_client which I think I need to
talk to the chip. I've implemented the command callback in my I2C module, which
I want to call from my RTC module.

Now I find that in 2.6.6-rc2 the i2c_get_client() implementation is missing (the prototype
is still in linux/i2c.h). Even the docs for i2c_use_client() refer to that function.

Most probably I'm missing something, but how is one supposed to access a i2c-client's
command function when i2c_get_client() is missing?

Of course I could just merge these two drivers and forget about separating i2c chip
access and rtc stuff, but ...

Thanks,
Stefan E.

--
Eletztrick Computing - Customized Linux Development
Stefan Eletzhofer, Marktstrasse 43, DE-88214 Ravensburg