Re: 2.6.6-rc2-bk3 (and earlier?) mount problem (?

From: Paul P Komkoff Jr
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 09:08:22 EST

Replying to Grzegorz Kulewski:
> But it is strange that I need kernel patch even if I have no evms
> or dm volumes in my system. Can not it be solved in mainstream kernels?
> Maybe there should be warning in config help temporaily? Maybe even note
> after option name?

This defect grew up off a disagreement between bdclaim authors and
evms authors, but as gentoo is topmost in this pyramid I consider it's
guilty :)

just exclude yours partitioned drivers out of evms scan
(/etc/evms.conf)
-or-
mount it thru evms nodes (/dev/evms/*)

--
Paul P 'Stingray' Komkoff Jr // http://stingr.net/key <- my pgp key
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head