arch/ia64/ia32/binfmt_elf32.c: elf32_map() broken ia64 build

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 20:59:24 EST

Not sure how (no lkml thread that I can see), but it seems from Andrew's
broken out patch "bssprot.patch" in 2.6.6-rc2-mm2 that John Reiser
and/or others on the To list above conspired to break the build of
arch/ia64/ia32/binfmt_elf32.c: elf32_map().

They added a patch that amongst other things, did:

- elf_map(): new parameter total_size allows for holes between PT_LOAD; in
fs/binfmt_elf.c, arch/x86_64/ia32/ia32_binfmt.c, arch/s390/kernel/
binfmt_elf32.c.

but they didn't change (note elf32_map is just elf_map, via a #define) this:

===== arch/ia64/ia32/binfmt_elf32.c 1.22 vs edited =====
223c223
< elf32_map (struct file *filep, unsigned long addr, struct elf_phdr *eppnt, int prot, int type)
---
> elf32_map (struct file *filep, unsigned long addr, struct elf_phdr const *eppnt, int prot, int type, unsigned long total_size)

If I make the above function signature change, I can at least recompile
arch ia64 with CONFIG_IA32_SUPPORT enabled. But I doubt that this is
ideal - as it is making no use of the new 'total_size' parameter.

Would someone care to recommend a proper fix?

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability