Re: APIC probs with kernel 2.6.6-rc1-bk2 and usb, bttv

From: Len Brown
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 22:08:07 EST

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 11:51, Roessner Christian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in the meantime I have tested kernel 2.6.6-rc2, but still no luck. I
> also played around with acpi_irq_nobalance and pci=noacpi, etc. But
> this does not fix it (Don´t know wht to do with flags, tagged as
> IA-32, because mine is a AMD64)

Tagged where? These flags apply equally to both architectures.

> Maybe I forget something in my attached logfile: I use a Gigabyte K8N
> Pro with a NForce3 chipset.

Chances are good that with nforce3 you'll have some of the same problems
that nforce2 users have.

CPU0
0: 345800 XT-PIC timer
1: 1452 IO-APIC-edge i8042
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
8: 0 IO-APIC-edge rtc
9: 0 IO-APIC-level acpi
12: 50 IO-APIC-edge i8042
14: 6155 IO-APIC-edge ide0
15: 42 IO-APIC-edge ide1
16: 678 IO-APIC-level bttv0, nvidia
17: 147 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx, libata
18: 227 IO-APIC-level eth0, b1pci-9c00
19: 7 IO-APIC-level eth1
20: 0 IO-APIC-level ohci_hcd
21: 0 IO-APIC-level ehci_hcd
22: 1806 IO-APIC-level NVidia nForce3, ohci_hcd

If you run the latest -mm patch, you can fix the XT-PIC timer
by passing "acpi_skip_timer_override" on the cmdline.

RE: USB is totally dead.
you've got a number of controllers, are they all dead.
hard to tell if the last one if taking the interrupts,
or if that is your sound. perhaps you can disable sound
and see if IRQ22 becomes quiescent.

Re: TV station change freezes system.
Does it also freeze the system if you boot with "noapic"?

cheers,
-Len