Re: [patch 1/3] efivars driver update and move

From: Matt Domsch
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 17:33:31 EST

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 10:32:19AM -0700, Matt Tolentino wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> I broke up the efivars driver update patch I had sent out
> quite a while ago into several smaller patches. This
> includes several fixes and suggestions that were pointed
> out. The patches are broken down as follows:
>
> 2 - add new sysfs based efivars driver into
> drivers/firmware with accompanying Kconfig/Makefile
> changes to make it fully functional for ia64 again.

Trying these against 2.6.5 + ia64 patch, with efibootmgr-0.5.2-test2.

Works: reading, deleting values.
Doesn't work: creating and editing values

I note that efibootmgr prints out a warning when it can't read
nonexistant variables, like BootNext. I'll remove that warning.

It's likely a bug in efibootmgr, as this is the first time I've tried
the sysfs side of things. If you're in a position to help debug, I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Matt

--